This position requires a Certified Property Professional Manager (CPPM) certification or or Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level II Industrial Property Management Specialist (IPMS) certification.
- Establishes and assists in the implementation of government property procedures and instructions, including monitoring compliance with current procedures.
- Oversees maintenance of Government Property Records.
- Initiates and coordinates physical inventories. Conducts periodic internal audits and spot checks to ensure compliance with property procedures.
- Periodically visits Government vessels, offering assistance to local personnel, and meeting with the Government Property Administrator(s). Typically, one visit annually to each ship will be scheduled (6-8 ships).
- Participates in Vessel turn-over inventories and oversees follow on validation and reconciliation.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in property management with specific skills in asset management.
- Possesses a Certified Property Professional Manager (CPPM) certification from a certified body directly involved or indirectly connected with property management processes.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time.
- US citizen, eligible for DOD security clearance at SECRET level.
- Familiarity with Federal government/Navy/Military Sealift Command Property/asset management procedures.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Position may reside in Concord, CA or Norfolk, VA